Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Workshop Wednesday Blog Hop: Mod Podgeable Ornaments

Photobucket


Jeweled Podgeables

Welcome  to another Workshop Wednesday blog hop. I hope you enjoyed visiting the blogs from last week and got some early holiday ideas from our group of busy elves.

It’s no secret that I’m mad for Mod Podge ( or some would just stop after mad). Last month I had so much fun playing with the new Podgeables from Plaid that I knew I wanted to use them in this workshop series. These can either be ornaments or package toppers so let’s see how to make them.

Podgeable Ornaments

You’ll start with your clear acrylic Podgeables that come in 6 fun shapes. I used the tag, dove, and heart. Not shown: key, crown, scallop circle.

Trace around your podgeable onto your choice of scrapbook paper, cut out.  Brush your preferred Mod Podge formula on your paper shape ( I used Antique Matte) and adhere to the underside of your Podgeable.

Podgeable Ornaments 2

I used a sheet from last year’s Recollections “Naughty or Nice” collection. Once these are dry, time to embellish! You may recall the crafting tape I used in last week’s project. It’s baaaaackkkkk.

Podgeable Taped Ornaments

I just put a strip of it wherever it seemed like a good idea. But wait, that’s not all. I also had some holiday themed rub-ons so I added those. But wait again, still not done:

Podgeable Ornament Collage

I got a thing for bling. I love love love self adhesive rhinestones and pearls and stick them on anything I possibly can.  So out they came and on they went. For the swirly ones that come pre-shaped, I cut with a craft knife wherever the design worked for my ornament.

Podgeable Ornament w Hanger

Some of the Podgeable shapes come with holes in them and others don’t. I debated about drilling holes in the two that didn’t have them ( something I clearly didn’t think about before I started) and didn’t want to wreck what I’d done so I looked around my craft room and my eyes landed on my jewelry making stuff and aha…half of a toggle clasp!

Podgeable Ornament Collage 2

I glued the toggle clasp to the back of the ornament ( I painted the backside of my ornament just cause I did. You don’t have to) and whew! Instant way to put an ornament hook or tie to a package.
 
Peace Dove

Thanks so much for stopping by and next stop on the hop is Michele at The Scrap Shoppe who no doubt has something wonderful in store! 

5 comments:

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

These are so sweet Carol!! I love the way the papers look - they are really cute ornaments!

Antonella said...

What great ornaments! May you continue to find lots of ways to indulge your Mod Podge addiction!
Hugs, antonella :-)

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Love these, Carol! I hadn't thought to use the Podgeables like this. :) LOVE the washi tape and the bling!

tvdinnerpro said...

Great project Carol! xo

Christine Kiehl said...

Wow, this is a super fun blog! Great project that even I think I can do! Thanks for sharing with a new visitor and follower! jellybeankahler @ yahoo.com